Recipe Photo Contest!
This was a fun contest! Contestants just needed to post their own photo of a potato recipe! I had plenty of those because I love to cook different kinds of potato dishes. Well, I entered mine and it became a finalist!
Citrus and Herb Oven Roasted Potatoes
I'll find out on Jan. 23rd if I'm a grand prize winner!
Below is the link to the contest!
I just found out that I was the 1st place winner in the contest! I'm so happy and would like to thank all my friends who voted for me everyday! xoxo
I won a $300 Visa Gift Card!
|Screen shot of the winners page.|
Click photo to enlarge.
I just realized that I should post the recipe for that photo, thanks to Tammy Boykin (my Facebook friend).
This recipe was created for me by my food friend named Michael Trigiano. He created this when I was looking for a unique potato recipe! This delicious masterpiece is what he came up with!
- 2 lb. yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges about ¾ inch thick
- 2 Tbs. Kosher salt; more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives - sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 Teaspoon fresh thyme leaves stripped from stems and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley - chopped
- a squeeze of fresh orange juice from 1/2 an orange
- orange slices for garnish from the other 1/2 of the orange
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the oil with the garlic and thyme set aside to infuse the oil with the garlic and thyme about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients except the parsley and kalamata olives.
- Spread potato mixture onto sheet pan and bake until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven add kalamata olives toss and return to oven for another two minutes just to heat through.
- Remove from oven to a large bowl and add parsley and toss serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh orange juice.
- Garnish with orange slices.
And this photo was a winner in a super easy photo contest!
That's a photo of my "Antipasto Salad Bowl' recipe. The photo won me a $100 Amex gift card! All I had to do was upload the photo to this Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fruits-VeggiesMore-Matters/103391981984?sk=app_225131720862670
and wait for the weekly random drawing! I entered each week for 3 weeks before I won...so easy!
The Recipe Diva Contest!
This was my recipe entry...
This was a great contest because I just had to post my recipe and members of the cooking site would vote on it...the contestant with the most votes won the grand prize. There were 4 levels of prizes and my recipe won second place, which was the prize I was hoping for! A Breville Smart Oven!!!
This is my prize! I love it!!!