Monday, March 19, 2012

Unique Custard Filled Dutch Baby!

This is a unique Dutch Baby recipe because of the custard that forms in the center of this cake while it bakes! I found this recipe on 'The Recipe Diva' cooking website. Posted by a member named Sweet Potato. I compared it to other Dutch Babies recipes. This recipe is the only one I found that had a custard center! It was delicious! It's suppose to serve 4 but I almost ate the entire thing myself!

Unique Custard Filled Dutch Baby
INGREDIENTS;
2Tbls.butter
3 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk - I used 1%
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar


 DIRECTIONS;
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place the butter in a 9 inch round baking dish and put in the oven.
Put all the other ingredients into a blender and blend on high for about a minute.
When butter has melted in the baking dish, remove from oven a whirl butter in dish to coat.
Then pour in the blended egg mixture and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Slice and serve warm with maple syrup.


 
 




10 comments:

  1. How interesting. So you just pour everything and bake it ? it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...that's it! Very easy and sooooo tasty! Thank you for checking it out! =)

      Delete
  2. if I don't have kosher salt, what do I use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could use regular salt! Thanks for checking it out! =)

      Delete
  3. So how do you get the custard part in the middle? Is there a recipe for that part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhiannon! Nope...the custard forms all by itself as it bakes! Thats the beauty of this recipe! I hope you'll try it! =)

      Delete
    2. just made,,eating now...very good

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for trying it! I'm so glad you liked it! =)

      Delete
    4. impossible that the custard just forms in the middle you seem to missing part of teh recipe.

      Delete
    5. Nope, it's not impossible! Nothing is missing from this recipe! I've given this recipe to a few friends who tried it and were amazed! Try it for yourself and see! =D

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...