Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Saturday Morning Syrup

Saturday Morning Syrup
Saturday Morning Syrup


INGREDIENTS;
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup of your favorite liquor

DIRECTIONS;
Heat sugar and corn syrup til dissolved.
Add liquor. Allow to simmer at least 3 minutes.
For a thinner syrup add more liquor.
For a thicker syrup add more sugar or cook longer.
Cool mixture in fridge to thicken.

Recipe from GroupRecipes.com

You will wish every morning was Saturday morning with this syrup on the table!

 I never thought to make a breakfast syrup with liquor until I saw this recipe! Any liquor of your choice can be used. For my syrup I used cream sherry. And I served it over strawberry waffles...so VERY good! And so easy to make!

I found this recipe on the GroupRecipes cooking site, posted by a cook known as Reecespieces.

She's made this many different ways by using Irish Cream, Coffee Liquor, Amaretto or Hazelnut Liquor. 
This is not only used on breakfast foods, it's drizzled on dessert cakes as well.     

4 comments:

  1. I usually make my own Maple Syrup & love it, but I will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The liquor is what sets this apart from ordinary maple syrup! Try it...you'll see! =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You can use your favorite kind! I used cream sherry! =)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...