Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fried Stuffed Olives

Fried Stuffed Olives

I first saw this recipe on Pinterest.
There are actually lots of recipes on Pinterest for Fried Stuffed Olives.
So I decided to try this one from a food blog named Bell Allimento.

I didn't follow her recipe for the stuffing mixture because
 I didn't have some of the ingredients needed.
My filling ingredients were...

2 cans colossal sized black pitted olives - 36 olives total
 4oz. fat free cream cheese
2 tbls. part skim ricotta cheese
1 large clove garlic made into a paste with a pinch of kosher salt
1 tsp. minced jarred jalapenos

I placed the mixture into a plastic sandwich bag, cut off one corner and filled each olive. Then I followed the directions on the blog for coating and frying the olives. Frying the olives was very scary because they started making popping noises! But thankfully, as soon as they started popping they were done!

These tasted pretty good! Kind of like a mild jalapeno popper! They make a great party snack! And I think they're cool looking. I'll be experimenting with different olives and other fillings.





2 comments:

  1. I love jalapeƱos, cream cheese, & olives, so I know I will like these.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...