Saturday, August 8, 2015

Moroccan Chicken Stew

I've been wanting to try a Moroccan recipe since I first received a bottle of 'McCormick Moroccan Seasoning' from the McCormick Company. Well, I finally found this recipe...Moroccan Chicken on Weelicious.com. After reading some of the comments on that recipe I decided that I would add fresh garlic and a veggie. But then during the cooking process I realized I needed to tweak the technique also.


I ended up browning the garlic and onions with the moroccan seasoning! WOW, it filled my kitchen with so much delicious toasted spice aroma! And it really enhances the flavor of the seasoning! The Weelicious recipe called for seperate spices to create a Moroccan flavor. But I just used an equal amount of the McCormick Moroccan Seasoning instead! It worked perfectly!

I'm not a fan of chickpeas, unless they're oven roasted with lots of seasoning or if they're in a VERY flavorful hummus! So, I decided to use cannellini beans instead. And I added some petite peas for color.

This meal was everything I hoped it would be! I felt like I was transported to a fine Moroccan restaurant! The beans helped to thicken the sauce and the chicken was so tender. I served this with couscous. The only thing missing was some Moroccan flat-bread to soak up the delicious sauce. I'll be including that next time I make this meal! Below the photo of my finished dish is my version of the recipe.

Moroccan Chicken Stew
Moroccan Chicken Stew

INGREDIENTS;
1 tbls. olive oil
1 small onion - chopped
2 large cloves garlic - minced
2 1/4 tsp. McCormick Moroccan Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
15 oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
15 oz. can cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen petite peas
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs

DIRECTIONS;
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Saute onions and garlic with salt and moroccan seasoning for
about 5 minutes or until tender.
Add the rinsed beans and the diced tomatoes with the liquid. Cook for a few minutes then add the chicken. Coat the chicken with the sauce mixture and add in the frozen petite peas.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring once.
Serve with couscous on the side.
Serves 4 - 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...