Sunday, December 23, 2012

Reindeer Pops

Reindeer PopsWhen I saw these cute Reindeer Pops on the Internet I said, "I can do that!" And they were staring back at me saying, "Yes, you can do it!" How could I resist?

Well, my first attempt was not so great! I was doing a lot of cursing while trying to break the pretzel pieces into something that resembled antlers. I ate about a dozen broken pretzels before I finally got the hang of it! But I didn't really like the way the antlers looked...

Reindeer Pops
 
Then I looked at more Reindeer Pop recipes and found a much easier way to make the pops with cuter antlers. So I made them again and was so happy at how easy it was and how cute they looked...
 
Reindeer Pops
 
Isn't that reindeer saying,"You can do it?" 
 
We handed these out to family and neighbors...everyone LOVED them!
Give it a try! You'll be glad you did!
 
I found this recipe on the Make' n Mold.com website.
Below is my easier version of their recipe. I didn't use their trays or chocolate. I just used my own microwave safe bowls and store bought chocolate chips for melting.
 
SUPPLIES
8 Large Marshmallows
8- 6” Make’n Mold Lollipop Sticks (5005)
Make’n Mold Microwavable Dipping Tray (5700)
Make’n Mold Milk Chocolate Flavored Candy Wafers (6130)
    Red Hot cinnamon candy for noses
    16 Tiny Twist Pretzel Knots
16 Candy Eyes or confetti candy dots
Wax paper lined cookie sheet
Red cloth ribbons for scarf
small cellophane bags   

INSTRUCTIONS
Insert a lollipop stick into the side of each large marshmallow.
Lay sets of two pretzel knots onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet, so that they are touching each other.
Melt Make’n Mold Milk Chocolate Flavored candy wafers in Microwavable Dipping Tray according to package instructions.
Dip each marshmallow into the melted candy wafers, tap off excess. Place the flat side of each dipped marshmallow onto a set of pretzel knots.
Apply candy eyes and noses. Chill 10 minutes. Then tie red cloth ribbons around lollipop stick as a scarf.
Place each Reindeer Pop in a cellophane bag.
Hand out to family and friends.

 This photo taken from the Make'n Mold.com website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...