Sunday, January 6, 2013

Amazingly Good 'Easy Biscuits'

I've said it many times...I'm not much of a baker. So when I went looking for a biscuit recipe, I made sure to find the easiest one! That's exactly what I found with this recipe! It's only 6 simple ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, oil and milk) and only took 20 minutes to make from start to finish! But it was not only easy, it was also so perfect in taste and texture! Soft warm pillows of biscuit goodness! Look at how pretty my biscuits turned out...
Amazingly Good 'Easy Biscuits'

And look how pretty they are on the inside too...
Amazingly Good 'Easy Biscuits'

I served this with my **Ultimate Beef Stew** recipe...
Ultimate Beef Stew
 
These easy biscuits were just what I needed with my stew because I didn't have time to make a yeast bread! They really saved the day for me!
 
Amazingly Good 'Easy Biscuits'
 
Easy Biscuit Recipe
 2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup milk

Directions:
Mix together all the dry ingredients.
Put oil in measuring cup and add milk. But do not stir.
Now add the oil and milk to the dry ingredients.
Mix lightly just to moisten the ingredients and knead one or two times.
Then form a ball.
Roll out between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/2" thick.
Cut into 2" diameter biscuits. Should get about 12 biscuits.
Bake on an ungreased pan at 475F for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
 Serve warm.
 
Recipe from Food.com




4 comments:

  1. i made these and they are really good, i throw less sugar in and add a tiny bit of garlic powder for a little kick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying it with some shredded cheddar! I like the garlic idea...maybe I'll try both! Thanks for commenting! =D

      Delete
    2. Hi In Australia these look like whate we call scones, which you can have either sweet - with jam and whipped cream on top, or savory with chese, herbs, musturd added to the ingredients. we also something simlilar called dumplings we add to stews.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I guess these could be similar to scones if you add butter to the mixture. But these are very different than dumplings I've had. These are much drier and more dense than the usual dumplings here in America. I hope you'll try these! =D

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...