Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bombay Stew

Bombay Stew
 
I've been loving Indian food lately! I'm always looking to try new recipes with the flavors of India! I've never tried an Indian stew before, so that's what attracted me to this recipe!
I found this stew recipe here, on a blog called Perry's Plate.
 
This Bombay Stew was everything I wanted in an Indian recipe! It was easy, had just the right amount of seasoning and was not too spicy! The pork was so tender! I even had all the ingredients to make it, except for the garam masala. But I was able to make that spice using this combination of spices that I already had...
Substitute for Garam Masala
1/2 tsp.ground cumin
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper - add more if you like it spicy
2 bay leaves - remove from stew before serving
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
 
I made the recipe as written and loved it! I served the Bombay Stew with jasmine rice to soak up the delicious gravy! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lillian! This is a delightful dish! Welcome to the Flavors of the World community! I would like to create strong bonds among the members, so when you have the time and disposition please pay a visit to the others and let them know that you are at the same community. Let's support one another! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katerina! Thank you so much! Yes, I'm way ahead of you! I've been having fun looking at other members posts and sending some 1's their way! It's a great community! =)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...