Friday, February 22, 2013

Eggs in Clouds

Eggs in Clouds
This was a very interesting recipe from the title...to the preparation...to the taste and texture! I had some concerns about if this recipe would work because I've come across many Internet recipes these days, that just look good in photos and are very popular on certain websites, but are totally fake and could never work in the real world! They just look cute on 'Pin' boards, if you know what I mean! This recipe had its share of problems from start to finish but it did taste very good! So all was not lost!

Here is how it went...

This recipe called for whipping the egg whites into stiff peaks and then folding in lots of grated romano cheese, bacon pieces and fresh chives! This was to create the 'cloud' part of this recipe. I knew that the egg whites just couldn't hold up to all those heavy ingredients! And they didn't! Then you are to separate this egg white mixture into 4 portions by mounding them onto a baking sheet and baking them for 3 minutes. I had what resembled 4 lumpy puddles of dog bile! They were foamy and flat. I had to bake the clouds for much more than 3 minutes to get them to even be slightly cooked. Then I had to carve out a gully in the middle of each cloud so that I could have a place to put the egg yolk for the last step!

Then you add the egg yolks to each baked 'cloud' and bake it for 3 more minutes. But that wasn't nearly enough time because the yolks looked very raw. So I baked it for about 6 minutes.

Even though there were lots of problems getting this recipe to work, it still tasted very good and was very interesting to serve. I loved the cheesy flavor of the 'clouds'. The texture of the 'clouds' was not as light as a 'cloud' but resembled  something similar to a fluffy omelet.

I'm just disappointed that my finished product looked nothing like the one in the original recipe! See that photo *here* and judge for yourself!

Maybe I'm the only cook that can't get this recipe to look like the original photo! If you make this recipe and you can achieve those huge, fluffy, glorious 'clouds', that look like twice baked mashed potatoes, please let me know and send me a link to your photo of the recipe!

In the mean time...bon appetit!

6 comments:

  1. I like the name "Eggs in Clouds" ! I must try this out because it looks very good :) I recently just started a youtube Korean food channel, EasyKoreanFood, where you can learn how to make fast & easy Korean food! It would mean the world to me if you could check it out because I'm just starting out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love making Korean food! I will definitely check it out! =)

      Delete
  2. MY stuff never looks anything LIKE the picture - and sometimes not even real food! Sometimes it tastes great and sometimes not - but yours looks great. I almost stressed about how talented all the people I follow are and how my stuff never looks that good - and then I snapped out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Kelli..."and then I snapped out of it"

      This will not be my last time trying this! Since posting this, I've found on Google that it CAN be done! I will make this work! And then maybe I'll snap out of it! lol!

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. The name is so cute... i like the list of ingredients but it does sound rather difficult to manage. But most importantly, is that it tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very tasty, but I will try this again! If others can do it then I have hope that I can too! =)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...