Saturday, February 23, 2013

Zucchini Souffle

Zucchini SouffleI love to make vegetable recipes that my kids will actually eat! They don't like too many vegetables, but this one didn't seem to be a problem for them! So I was doing a happy dance after they ate this for dinner!

This was light but filling and I loved the cheddar cheese in this! I found this recipe *here* on Allrecipes.com. I tweaked it slightly to make it more flavorful. The cheddar cheese was my idea along with sauteing the onions with garlic and the zucchini. Seasoning it with salt and pepper  was a must! These tweaks gave it so much more flavor! I've made this Zucchini Souffle many times! I usually serve this with a salad and I'm done! A very easy, healthy, hearty meal!

Here is my version of this recipe...


INGREDIENTS:
 
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil + 2 tbls.
1 onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic-minced
2 pounds zucchini, peeled and diced
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

paprika
chopped fresh parsley
 
DIRECTIONS:
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat the 2 tbls. of oil in a skillet.
Saute the onion and garlic with the zucchini until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
Lightly beat eggs, and mix them into the flour with 1/2 cup of veg oil and 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese.
Stir in the sauteed onion, garlic and zucchini mixture.
Pour mixture into a well-greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
Bake in preheated oven for one hour.

 


6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! We love zucchini so this will be a hit at my house. Trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita! I only love zucchini when lots of other flavorful ingredients are added with it because zucchini is so bland on its own.I'll be trying a recipe soon for zucchini brownies! If it turns out great I'll blog about it! =)

      Delete
  2. I love zucchini and am always looking for ways to use what I grow in my garden. This sounds terrific. Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri! Thanks! This was on my regular menu for a long time! It's one of my favorite zucchini recipes! Along with the Zucchini Alfredo recipe that I also have posted in my blog! =)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a easy and delicious recipe...

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...