Monday, March 25, 2013

Five Minute Chocolate Mousse!

Five Minute Chocolate Mousse

When I have a chocolate craving I want something fast! So having this simple recipe is a joy! I didn't think it was possible to make chocolate mousse that fast! But after trying this recipe I was happy to see that it can be done!

This recipe was originally called 60 Second Chocolate Mousse but it really took slightly longer to make! It is so worth the extra 4 minutes!

My younger daughter is a chocoholic like me! She gave this recipe a big thumbs up! Wow...'chocoholic' is actually a word in spell check!
That literally gives new meaning to my obsession!
 
Here is how I made this Chocolate Mousse...


Five Minute Chocolate Mousse
Five Minute Chocolate Mousse

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
whipped cream - for topping
crushed chocolate chips - garnish

DIRECTIONS:
Place chocolate chips, egg and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender and chop.
Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear at edge. Do not boil.
With processor or blender running pour in hot cream.
Blend until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into dessert cups and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in freezer for 5 minutes.
Serve with whipped cream and chocolate pieces ontop.
Serves 4

Recipe courtesy of  GroupRecipes.com

 



18 comments:

  1. This mousse recipe looks very easy and delicious. Now I want some for breakfast...that works for me...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious and can't believe it is that easy to prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this mousse looks delicious! I made something very similar but without the egg. I am curious to try with - it must add a smoother custard-like texture. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie! Yes, this is so creamy and good! Thank you for checking it out! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Doesn't get any better than this does it? It does look really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so easy to fix and looks yummy, can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Comeback and let me know what you think of this! =D

      Delete
  6. What about the egg...it isn't fully cooked so is it safe to eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the heat from the very hot cream is what is needed to kill bacteria. I hope you'll try it! =D

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Need to get some heavy cream and will try it. I am sure there are no calories....they were heated out.....right?

      Delete
    3. LOL...Of course! Along with the fat grams also! ;)

      Delete
  7. thank you Lillian, this is for sure a keeper! my daughter will try it soon with White chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magali! Please let me know how thye white chocolate works! My sister would probably love that because she never eats regular chocolate! =)

      Delete
  8. Do you have any suggestions for people who might want to make it before dinner and save it for after? Do you think I could freeze for a few minutes and then leave it in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Laurelai, that should work fine! Let me know how you liked it! Thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...