Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Liebster Award!

 

I was recently honored to be nominated for this award from a fellow blogger named Summer at Mallow and Co. This award is to recognise the efforts of fairly new bloggers who fall into the category of having less than 3000 followers...that's what I found out when I researched this award on Google! I love Google! The Liebster award seems to be a very popular award in the blogging industry!

The word 'Liebster' is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.  All good stuff! And I'm so grateful that Summer would consider me or my blog to be any of those things!

This award doesn't come easy! There is a lot of work involved, but it's all fun work! Here are the rules for anyone who accepts this award...

* Tell 11 random facts about yourself
* Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
* Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 3000 followers) to pass
the award to and link them in your post.
*Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
*Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
*No tag backs.
 
Okay, here is a list of 11 random facts about myself...

1.) I don't like driving over bridges.
2.) I can't share food off my plate with anyone. Not even my own kids!
3.) I love garden fairy statues.
4.) I totally dislike the smell of wet dog, to the point where I lose my appetite!
5.) I do not like ANY sports except for boxing.
6.) I wish I had better handwriting.
7.)  I never saw the movie 'Titanic'...I know, I know, I really should watch it someday!
8.) A crab running sideways really freaks me out! And I live on an island, no less!
9.) I wish I knew how to knit! But it's just too boring to try to learn!
10.) I don't 'text' and I never will because it's so much easier to just talk!
11.) Now that I'm a blogger I wish I would have taken typing classes in school.


And here are the 11 questions from Summer...

1.) What are your hobbies or things you do in your spare time?
My hobbies are cooking and food photography.
2.) What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is clutter! I like to have things put away! I'm the total opposite of a hoarder!
3.) What's one of your favorite blogs of the moment?
'Made From Pinterest'...they test things that they find on Pinterest!
4.) Salty or Sweet?
I like a combo of the two! But if I had to pick one it would be 'sweet'...I have dessert every night!
5.) What is a goal you have for 2013?
To not sweat the small stuff!
6.) How many kids are in your family?
I have 3 older brothers and one younger sister.
7.) What is your dream job?
To get paid to test recipes!
8.) What is the hardest thing about blogging?
Using correct grammar and punctuations! Have you noticed that I just love exclamation marks!
9.) What is your favorite restaurant and why?
P.F. Chang's China Bistro because they make the best Mongolian Beef! And great cocktails too!
10.) What would your touchdown victory dance look like if you were in the NFL?
**See 'Random Fact List' above and read #5...but I'd pick the Chicken Dance!
11.) What's your favorite season and why?
Winter, because it's so much easier to get warm than it is too stay cool!

Thanks Summer! Great questions!

My list of 11 blogs that I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award are...

Smoked 'N Grilled
Oh Abby Day
No-Frills Recipes
Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom
Cookie Rookie
Hungry Couple
A Couple in the Kitchen
Chachi Joan
Made From Pinterest

My 11 questions for the above nominees are...
 
1.) What is your most popular recipe, among your family and friends, that you've created?
2.) How much time do you spend working on your blog each day?
3.) If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
4.) What's the furthest you've driven for a good meal?
5.) What is your favorite kitchen gadget?
6.) What do you do to relax?
7.) What is your favorite cooking show?
8.) Who is the biggest fan of your cooking?
9.) Who or what inspires you to cook?
10.) What is the most you've spent on a single ingredient and what was it?
11.) What is your favorite and most used spice? 

 
I hope the nominees, who accept this award, will be as honored as I am and have as much fun as I did, with their tasks!




 
 
 
 










 


6 comments:

  1. You are so kind for nominating us! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so deserving of an award! I can't wait to see your answers and your nominees! Keep me posted! =)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lillian, Thank you so much for nominating me for this award! You have a wonderful blog and delicious recipes and I feel so honored that you thought about me! I know almost all the other nominees and it's a privilege to be in such great company!
    P.s. The last time I received an award with 7 items to write about myself it took me a year to come up with those ;-). Let's see how long it will be this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I love your blog also! And I love how you are so generous in sharing other bloggers post! I always see you re-pinning bloggers recipes and that is so VERY kind of you!

      LOL...this award isn't a test! You just write whatever comes to your mind! You are not only a great blogger you are also a very sweet person! (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. Lillian, We are grateful to you for noticing us. Good blogging is hard work, and it feels so nice to be noticed and appreciated. Thank you for nominating us. We have really enjoyed our association with you. Your kindness and support are so encouraging. The blogging world is filled with great people and you are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! You know the feeling is mutual! I've been stalking your blog since the first day I saw it! You are so kind and humble! You Rock!!! =)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...