Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chili Stroganoff

Chili Stroganoff

I enjoy making other peoples recipes more than trying to create my own! Although sometimes I end up tweaking someone's recipe so much that it becomes a totally different recipe! I call that a 'Super Tweak'...sounds like 'Super Freak' doesn't it? Now try to get that song out of your head!

But once in a while I will get a craving for something! That's when I start creating my own recipes! So, most of my own recipes that I post, are created from those 'super tweaked' recipes or from my cravings! This next recipe was born from a super tweaked recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com. Also the recipe ended up winning me my 4th Blue Ribbon on the 'Just a Pinch' cooking website! The 'Just a Pinch' kitchen crew tried my recipe and loved it so much that they thought it was ribbon worthy! I love it that they do that for their members!

This dish tastes just like what I named it! So if you love chili and if you love beef stroganoff, then you will love this recipe!

Chili Stroganoff
Chili Stroganoff

1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
1 cup salsa, mild
1 green pepper-chopped
4 green onions-chopped (reserve about 1/4 cup to garnish)
1 large clove garlic-minced
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbls. chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
8 ozs. wide egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded muenster cheese-or cheddar
1 beefsteak tomato-sliced thin or chopped

DIRECTIONS:
In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir ground beef until browned with garlic, green onions, green peppers and all seasonings.
 
         Stir in salsa and green chilies. Simmer for 10 minutes.
 
Meanwhile, cook egg noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
 
Serve meat mixture over noodles with sour cream and shredded cheese on top.
 Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.
Serves 4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...