Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cream Cheese Plum Crumble - From Boxed Cake Mix

Cream Cheese Plum Crumble - From Boxed Cake Mix

You know, I never realized how very versatile boxed cake mix can be! I always thought that the only way to use boxed cake mix was to prepare it according to the directions on the box! I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are so many ways to use it straight from the box, without preparing it! So much easier that way!

I've used boxed cake mix to make Almond Joy Cookies and to make a 3 Ingredient Cobbler.
Now I'm using it to make a crumble! And it worked perfectly! I'm going to make sure I always have a box of cake mix in the pantry! These desserts are so quick to make that you can whip them up when unexpected guests drop by...well, as long as they give you a little bit of notice ahead of time!

This Cream Cheese Plum Crumble is so yummy and satisfying! It's sweet and has delicious layers of cake, fruit, sweetened cream cheese and then a soft but crunchy crumble on top!
I was given this recipe by a Facebook friend named Chip Stanley. I think he reads my mind because he is always showing me delicious recipes that are exactly my taste! He also showed me the 3 Ingredient Cobbler which has become very popular! Thanks again Chip for another very cool recipe!


Cream Cheese Plum Crumble - From Boxed Cake Mix
Cream Cheese Plum Crumble


1 boxed white or yellow cake mix
5 Tbls. butter - softened
2 large eggs - divided
5 sweet ripe plums - sliced into small chunks...(or use any soft fruit such as peaches, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
8 oz. cream cheese - I used fat free
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
 In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, butter and 1 egg until crumbly.
Set aside 1 & 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture for the topping.
Grease a 13x9 cake pan.
Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the cake pan to form a thin crust on just the bottom of the pan. This will puff up when baked.
Bake for 10 minutes.
After the crust is baked evenly spread the chopped plums on top.
In a large bowl mix together the  cream cheese, sugar, 1 large egg and vanilla extract.
Using an electric hand mixer, beat until creamy.
Evenly and thinly spoon this mixture over the plums.
Then evenly sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on top and bake for 30 minutes.
Then remove from oven let cool and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This tastes best chilled.
Store leftovers in the fridge.




 

7 comments:

  1. Cream cheese and plum does sound good together in a crumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich! Thanks! This was so very good! The entire thing is almost all gone already! My daughter told me to save her the last piece! It's always so nice to see you here! (((HUGS))) =D

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to try . Looks delicious. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try. This looks so very good. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gayle! Please come back and let me know how you liked it! I'm working on a chocolate version that I'll be posting soon! =D

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...