Friday, September 13, 2013

4 Ingredient Snickers Cookies

4 Ingredient Snickers Cookies

One of my favorite candy bars is Snickers! I just can't resist chocolate covered peanuts with caramel! I also love to make easy candy recipes at home! Sometimes I get a craving for a candy bar but I don't feel like going to the store to buy one. And why buy candy bars when I have all the ingredients to make a copycat version?

My food blog friend, Judith from The Midnight Bakerwas my inspiration for this Snickers Cookie recipe! She recently posted this candy recipe that almost made me lick my computer screen! I decided to tweak her recipe so that I could make a Snickers candy bar version. It worked perfectly! This cookie tastes exactly like a Snickers bar! I ate way too many of these cookies after I shot the photos below! I just couldn't help myself! These cookies were just too yummy to eat just one!

Cut graham cracker into squares by breaking at perforated lines. Lay out half of the graham cracker squares on a foil lined sheet pan and top each square with 2 caramel candies. Two squares are missing because I ate some caramels and didn't have enough to make the recipe...Ooooopsie! This gets baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes to soften the caramels.



 
Then butter the back of a spoon and use it to spread the softened caramel. Quickly sprinkle with crushed roasted/salted peanuts and top with remaining graham cracker squares.
 


 
Then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and bake for another 3 minutes to melt the chocolate.
 


Spread the melted chocolate and serve warm or room temp.
I love them warm because the caramel is softer!

4 Ingredient Snickers Cookies
Snickers Cookies


INGREDIENTS:

2 sleeves of graham crackers
32 caramel candies, unwrapped
1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts, crushed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean up.
Have all your ingredients ready
because you'll need to work quickly while the caramel is warm.
Divide the graham crackers into squares at the perforated lines.
Lay out half the graham cracker squares on the foil lined sheet pan.
Place 2 unwrapped caramels onto each graham cracker square as shown in above photo.
Bake on center rack for about 10 minutes to soften the caramels so that they're spreadable.
Lightly butter the back of a spoon and use the
buttered side to lightly spread the caramels as shown in the photo above.
Then quickly sprinkle each caramel topped graham cracker with the crushed peanuts
and quickly top each with another graham cracker square, slightly pressing down to adhere the graham cracker to the melted caramel.
Now sprinkle the tops of each graham cracker square with 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips, keeping the chips in the center of the square, as shown in the photo.
Return to oven and bake for about 3-5 more minutes or until chips are spreadable.
Remove from oven and quickly spread the chocolate
to almost cover the entire top of each cookie.
I love these served warm!
Store leftover Snickers Cookies in an air tight container.

Makes 16 cookies.


                             
 
 
                                                               
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...