Thursday, March 20, 2014

Corned Beef Hash Served with Fried Eggs

Corned Beef Hash Served with Fried Eggs

I had lots of leftover Glazed Corned Beef & Cabbage so I decided instead of making my soup recipe, I would try something I've always wanted to try...corned beef hash! I love 'home fries' or 'hashbrowns' that I sometimes order at my local diner for breakfast! And I've seen lots of recipes floating around the Internet for corned beef hash. So it just seemed like the perfect time to try it myself! I wasn't sure I could get the potatoes to brown-up as nicely as I like them to be...but it was quite easy, as you can see in my photo above! I thought since the potatoes were boiled and very soft that they would just turn to mush! It was a nice surprise to see how easily they browned and stayed firm!


This was very easy to make using the leftovers. All I had to do was brown some onions to add to the leftovers before frying everything in the skillet. And everything cooks in one skillet. Just fry the eggs first and set them aside, keeping them warm until the corned beef hash is cooked. I didn't use the carrots from the leftover Glazed Corned Beef & Cabbage but you can include them if you like. This was so tasty. I served it for dinner because we like to have breakfast for dinner (brinner) once a week!


Corned Beef Hash Served with Fried Eggs
Corned Beef Hash

INGREDIENTS:
8 cups leftover corned beef and cabbage w/potatoes, drained and chopped
1 medium onion, sliced thin
6 Tbls. butter
salt & pepper to taste
8 large eggs

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a very large non stick skillet over medium heat,
melt 2 tablespoons butter.
Then gently crack each egg and add it to the skillet.
Fry the eggs until the whites become solid. Then cut each egg away from each other and flip each one over to lightly cook the other side.
 Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Remove to a platter and keep warm.

2. In the same skillet used to fry the eggs, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the onions and fry until tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Now add the cooked onions to the leftover, chopped and drained corned beef and cabbage mixture. Toss to mix.
Melt another 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat,
 in the same skillet used to cook the onions.
Add in the corned beef and cabbage/onion mixture,
spread evenly in the skillet. Press down with a spatula.
Cook for 7 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
Then toss the browned mixture and press down evenly again.
Cook another 5 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
Toss the browned mixture again,
press down evenly and cook another 3 minutes.
If the hash is browned to your liking
serve now with fried eggs on top,
or you can continue browning until desired browning is achieved. Mine was done after the third browning.
Serves 4-8 people
 


4 comments:

  1. This is total comfort food. I used to eat lots of corn beef hash as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had corned beef hash in oh, so long!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Thank you so much for checking it out and commenting! =D

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...