Saturday, February 25, 2012

Get Your Chocolate Fix!

I love cornbread and I love chocolate...so I combined the two and made this absolutely perfect chocolate dessert! I used my favorite cornbread recipe that I got from a foodie friend, and I tweaked it a bit! It worked great!
Chocolate Cornbread
Chocolate Cornbread

INGREDIENTS;

2/3 cup of cocoa powder unsweetened 
2/3 cup of flour 
2/3 cup of fine cornmeal 
2/3 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt 
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 large egg
1/3 cup of corn oil
1 cup of milk 

DIRECTIONS;
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together.
3. Combine both until mixed well.
4. Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
5. Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed.

4 comments:

  1. Lillian, how clever! I must try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Melissa! This is so good and chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great! I love this recipe and as soon as I saw it on RecipeNewZ, I knew I was going to make it and I did! I changed it into a Mexican Chocolate Cornbread - it's in the oven right now but I tasted it from the bowl and it has such a great texture and taste I couldn't believe it. My daughter hates cake icing or frosting and so she will want to taste this right away. I will do a post on it tonight and link back to your site for the original recipe. So innovative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I can't wait to see your post! I love the idea of making into a Mexican version! Thanks for trying it! And please send me the post! =)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...