Thursday, April 18, 2013

Easy Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce

Easy Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce

This recipe saved the day for me because my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend needed something to eat for lunch! I was all out of leftovers and all the cold cuts were gone! Food shopping is on Friday, so the cupboards were getting bare!

I whipped this up in about 15 minutes! Thankfully I had a little help from a can of Progresso Recipe Starters! It was leftover from a brand ambassador assignment I had a while back!

All I did was make a pot of linguine and while that was cooking I browned 2 large cloves of crushed garlic in a skillet with some butter, salt & pepper. Then I added in the can of Progresso Creamy Parmesan Basil Recipe Starter with some fat free half n' half and some grated parmesan cheese! Let it simmer for a few minutes and then poured it over the cooked linguine! Yum and Done!

 I found the recipe on the label of the can, but their recipe included chicken! I didn't have any chicken, but it was still delicious even without it!



Easy Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce
Easy Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. linguine pasta - uncooked
2 tbls. butter
2 large cloves garlic - crushed
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
 1 can (18oz.) Progresso Recipe Starters - creamy parmesan basil cooking sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fat free half n' half

DIRECTIONS:
Start cooking the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking...
Heat a skillet on medium/high. Add butter and garlic. Saute and stir garlic for about a minute. Add salt & pepper. Then add in the Progresso cooking sauce with the half n' half and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over cooked linguine and serve warm.
Serves 2-4
 

4 comments:

  1. lol, I love the two sickly wilted leaves just sitting on the food like a cat hacked them up

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...no, they aren't wilted! I freeze my fresh basil leaves! That's what they look like when they start to defrost! You have a keen eye for details! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, anonymous, maybe if you try it, you won't make sure such hash comments. Delish..... way to go Lillian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thank you so much! Yes, this is delicious, even with the defrosted basil leaves ontop! =D

      Delete

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...