Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Ode to St. Patrick's Day!

Why not serve a delicious pasta salad to go with your corned beef on St. Patrick's Day....especially if it's green! I came up with this one...

          St. Pat's Pasta Salad

INGREDIENTS;
1/2 lb. green pasta - cooked, drained and cooled
1/2 cup chopped spanish green olives
1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini-mild
1-14 oz. can chopped asparagus-drained
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing

DIRECTIONS;
Mix all ingredients together and chill til ready to serve.
Toss before serving.


I think it turned out perfectly! You can add your favorite green ingredients! I used green olives, marinated artichoke hearts, pepperoncinis and asparagus! Along with my homemade salad dressing and some grated parmesan cheese!


Below is my salad dressing recipe that I always use for all my pasta salads! 

 
Lite Italian Salad Dressing

INGREDIENTS;
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 fluid ounces corn oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
 
DIRECTIONS;
Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, corn oil, salt, sugar, pepper, and oregano in a bowl. Pour into a carafe and use as needed on salads! 



2 comments:

Your kind comments are always welcome, so please leave one...Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...